Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Notes on Freelance

I'm now in the business of having my own business - or at least working as a freelance editor.

My full time gig (can I call it that?) is at Tao Creative. I'm an assistant editor and I'm learning more than I even thought I needed to learn (how ignorant is that?). I'm also the lowest person on the totem pole, so I'm trying to be a better editor. Example: working really hard to use more Final Cut Pro shortcuts. 

I also have edited 1.5 videos for Walks of Italy, a travel company based in... you guessed it - Rome. They're a really great company that provides tours all around Italy, and keeps their groups small. When we were in Rome, we had the privilege of taking the underground tour of the Colosseum and it was amazing. Our guide was super knowledgable and we had access to places the general public can't see. I'm hoping to do more videos for Walks of Italy soon (and work on the intro)! 

Here is my first major video debut for Walks of Italy - "On Artichokes":

No comments: