Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What Dreams May Come

I've always had very vivid, colorful dreams. In my dreams, my usual mode of transportation is flying - or rather, swimming through the air. This is no joke - I was a swimmer for 13 years, and I guess it stuck.

I usually have water dreams that pertain to my job.

When I worked at The Bonnie Hunt Show, I hated it. And so I was drowning with my coworkers in a few dreams.

At Post Haste Sound, I mostly enjoyed it, but was sort of stressed a lot. So I was sitting in the water with my head and shoulders above - mildly comfortable.

Sometime around when I first quit and then started at my current job, I was high above the water at a resort, looking down on how beautiful it was. I guess I was pretty happy. :)

And last night, I had a bizarre dream where I was running a lot (another sign of dream stress I have), and I was late to pick something up. It was raining, and a city street was flooded, so I decided to swim. I easily swam through the water, but a boat was floating near by, so I pulled myself into it. I then paddled down the river that was flowing down a city street. At one point, I turned around and discovered elephants were swimming in the water. So bizarre!

So I guess the easy swimming, and my head above water was a good thing, but I wonder what floating on top of water means (and the elephants?!?!)? Hopefully it's good.

Swimming elephant

No comments: